By Allison Pavlick
As you head into the weekend, put your best fashion foot forward.
- The legendary Met Costume Institute Gala Red Carpet will be live-streamed for the first time this year. Tune in for the icons, the splendor, and, better yet, the opulent dresses. [nymag.com]
- Much to the dismay of shoe fanatics everywhere, a collaboration between J.Crew and Manolo Blahnik is no longer in the works. [elle.com]
- To celebrate the re-release of Disney’s Cinderella on Blu-ray and DVD later this year, Christian Louboutin will design his own “glass slipper” for the studio. (Sounds like a perfect fit to us.) [WWD.com]
- Neon-tinted tulle dresses will be a little harder to come across. Following the bankruptcy of Betsey Johnson’s company (announced Thursday), most of the brand’s 63 stores are set to close. We spoke with Mall of America, but there’s no word as to whether that location will shut its doors. [wsj.com]
- Thanks to a slew of Kate Middleton knock-off dresses, the world can dress like royalty. Now, thanks to Fortum & Mason, the world can smell like royalty too. Nearly one year after the royal wedding, the British fragrance company announced they were the makers of Kate Middleton’s wedding day scent. [racked.com]
Click here for local style sales and events.