Hey, what are you doing Tuesday night? At 6:30? Want to come and have a beer with me and four of the most significant brewers in the Twin Cities? That is, Todd Haug, of Surly, Jason Schoneman, of Steel Toe, Damian McConn, of Summit, and Joe Pond, of what I think may be the country’s only true farmstead brewery, Olvalde, in tiny Rolling Stone, Minnesota. We’ll be sampling their beers, but also getting to the bottom of the big questions, such as:
• Is there a Minnesota style of beer? Should there be?
• Is single-farm barley the next big thing?
• What will Surly do with its fancy new brewery, once it’s built?
• What is up with that beer in the squirrel carcass—from Scotland’s BrewDog? Is taxidermied drinkware a thing?
• What is up with Rogue’s forthcoming beer brewed from yeast cultivated from its brewer’s beard? Is it the grossest thing ever, or just, like, common sense, man? If beard-beer, then pubic-beer?
• And so on!
Tickets are $10, that price gets you free appetizers from the great cooks at Chow Girls, samples of beer, conversation, and the chance to ask the big questions to some of the best brewers around. But that’s not all! We’re giving away a pair of tickets. Comment below, and name a Minnesota beer you love. We will pick a winner at random by 5 p.m. Monday, October 15. Good luck, and either way, I hope to see you there!